Mar 15, 2008

New Job

So my last day at work was yesterday and I went to dinner with some work mates. I did nor cry but I was sad to be leaving a great bunch of people. I have made some great friends that I will miss seeing but I have a great job that will see me doing more and best of all it is full time so more MONEY.

This new position is not in a public library so I will miss our regulars and working in the community. I said goodbye to a few regulars and they were sweet enough to wish me well and to say they would miss me. I wil still use these libraries as a patron this means I can annoy everyone, one idea that I got from a patron(he is a joker) is to go in 5 minutes before closing and ask some weird questions, such as I'm looking for a red book, its this big and Oh yeah I need to make some photocopies adn I need to use the computer....hee hee. I wonder how long my former co-workers will miss me!

Well I will miss everyone anyway but I look forward to starting my new position.

PS Thank you guys for the wonderful present. It will come in very handy!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Glad you had a good night out Zoya... I am seriously going to miss having you to hang sh!t on at work.

Good luck with snagging yourself a doctor! You may need to give in after a while though and lower your expectations, maybe a nurse... or Bernard from records? :D

Good luck, hope it goes well and its not too boring,
Andrew

Christian West said...

Pfft, just because your new job can offer you increased hours, more pay, better benefits and a higher chance of marrying a doctor, what does it REALLY have over working for Brimbank Libraries?

Oh, and I'll make sure I keep up to date with what you're doing through the library grapevine. It's like a noxious weed, creeps into every part of your garden.
C

Zoya said...

Boy do I miss you guys!
Now who is going to pick on me like you guys and who am I going to drive crazy with my endless questions. Not fair I have to be nice in my new job, I dont think the professionals would take too kindly to my sarcasm and witty banter. They have more serious things to think about such as saving lives and all. You should see the big words they use, I thought they were speaking a foreign language!

I'll have to find another Andrew and Christian to play with.