Sep 26, 2007

#8 RSS Feeds etc.

So I've been reading about this RSS and news feeds stuff and I'm still trying to get my head around it. I guess it is just a link to your favourite websites. But so far I'm having trouble understanding the part about not having to go through the whole site to find updates on the things you want.

I will need to figure out how to do feeds. I did one accidentally and I can't remember how I did it. I'm also glad you can add the Bloglines to my Blog because it would be annoying if I had to go to Bloglines all the time.

I think it is a great idea for people always on the Internet and people who need information such as outdoorsy types who want to know the weather etc. Also I wonder if you can get daily newspapers this way. This would be convenient. Though I still prefer the old paper with ink and all.

I've just been informed that you can get the newspaper if they have an RSS Feed. Well isnt that interesting.

As I'm still trying to figure this stuff out I'll have to get back when I know more. I might take a while.

PS
I think a problem with all this technology is having to buy all the latest gadgets. This is costly and it goes out of date very quickly so you feel you have to keep up. Right now I'm looking at buying a new computer. To buy something worthwhile involves lots of money and I'm sure in a couple of years (if that) it will be out of date. Anyway thats my whinge.

Cheers

Zoya

2 comments:

Christian West said...

I was always hesitant about using RSS but am finding it really good at the moment. I logged in to my bloglines account earlier and it told me that you had a new post, I even read it there. I also read a chapter of Alice in Wonderland and received the daily news from Liechtenstein. All good.

And yes technology is expensive. It is sometimes cheaper to go into a rental agreement with a company (such as Radio Rentals) that will automatically upgrade your computer at the end of the rental period.

C

Crissy said...

Yep I know exactly what you mean i am hopeless with the new stuff till someone shows me a couple of times. So don't worry there's still some hoe (i think) for you yet. lol.