Nov 6, 2007

Change in the workplace

I love the uniform idea Christian, but I don't know about pink I dont want to blind people!

Now I would like to talk about change in the workplace. Things are changing in the library industry which is a good thing. I always thought I was not the typical person who feared change. As i get bored pretty easily I thought I would welcome change. Lately I have been thinking about this and I have realised I havent given these current changes a chance. It has only been a couple of weeks that these changes have been implemented and I am already looking at the negatives. Initially I was wiling to try these changes as I welcomed something different but then I slowly started to question things. Questioning is a good thing but I think I need to give it at least a few months before I can have an opinion on these changes.

I will be open again to see how things turn out, then I will give an opinion! (Must have an opinion!)

I have realised that I am like many others who fear change to a degree. I need to remember that this is normal and as I question things this too is ok as long as I remain open minded. There will be differences of opinion and a bit of confusion in the beginning but this is normal and expected. I must remember my training and put this to use. I have found talking to my coworkers and finding out their views is opening my mind up again to the possibilities. I still think that everyone should have their opinions and should be able to voice these in an open manner. This of course is being done but I think some people fear voicing their opinions. THis is what i am enjoying about this blog I can voice my opinion and get feedback from others. Hmmm I wonder if we can use this format in the workplace somehow so others can voice their opinions when change comes about.

So bring on the Pink Uniform!

No comments: