Nov 2, 2007

IIIIII'mmmmm Baaaaaack!

I am going to blog about new web applications I have found. Yes riveting stuff but I figured I still want to learn more so since I have this blog I will use it as an excuse to learn more about technology and I hope Andrew and Christian will continue to read my blog and offer suggestions.

Christian I fon't know waht you mean about that picture thing or were you just joking. Anyway I have found one thing I like its Google Suggest. This is like normal google but when you type something it will give you options. eg. type in 'blog' and it will give you a list such as blogger, blogspot etc. this is just as good as 'Did you mean'. So are you impressed Andrew!

Stay tuned for more if your interested.

1 comment:

Christian West said...

I wasn't joking. There's technology out there that will compare a picture (say a picture of a red ball) and be able to determine what it is and find other pictures like it.

ie the picture has a sphere in it, the picture is predominantly a sphere and the sphere is red. So if the program finds other pictures that contain a red sphere then it has found other pictures of red balls (hopefully).

I think it's mostly used in facial matching programs though (ie upload a picture of a man and it then trawls through photo archives to find that person).

C