Nov 27, 2007

Technology Compatibility

Why why why isn't all tehcnology compatible? Its driving me crazy. As i've been ranting on Christians blog I am getting veeeerrrryyyy frustrated with this stuff. I bought a new mobile phone with bluetooth. I wanted to connect this to my computer so I bought a bluetooth dongle (I love saying that funny word!) OF course nothing works. I feel like I need to be a computer programmer to figure out this stuff. Im a simple girl with simple needs. I have a new computer with Vista. I got Vista so I wouldn''t have to upgrade in a years time (which seems to be what you have to do these days to keep up). Now I've already had a problem I had to spend 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a dell technician to fix this. It worked but the things he took me through on the computer I didn't even know existed. This was all because I installed a program. I thought thats what computers were for!

Now I am hesitant to install anything I worry everytime, will it stuff things up this time. Surely technology is supposed to make things easier not more complicated. I thought having a new computer would be better. My old one didn't stuff up so much.

I have spent so much time on the internet trying to figure out things, I have actually been looking at alot of wikipedia sights, they are very helpful and I actually trust it. ( who would have thought I would use this learning 2.0 stuff!)

I will be looking at Learning 2.1 as Webgurl mentioned. I need to learn as much as I can. I have also been looking at doing an IT course. This is so I can learn what is going on with these computers. One day I will build my own(Oops that was just me dreaming)

Enough rambling from me.

3 comments:

Webgurl said...

I bought a Mac so I didn't have to decide whether to get Vista (which isn't ready yet) or XP (which isn't being supported by Microsoft next year).

It is supremely annoying when you buy a new piece of hardware or software and it isn't compatible with the latest operating system. I can identify with your frustration.

Cheers, webgurl

Zoya said...

I knew I made a mistake. A co-worker told me to get a mac and I was too scared to. Microsoft is familiar but not necesarily better. Next time its a MAC for me.

Kathleen Dight said...

Hi Zoya

Well done you have come such a long way with your blog. I think it is great

Kathleen