Oct 25, 2007

#19 Online Applications and Tools (and FUN!)

From the many tools available I chose a fun widget( before this training I didn't even know what a widget was). You can get all kinds of things to put on your blog or website. Since so many are too serious for me, by that I mean they are good for work purposes but I wanted to have fun as usual. I chose Einstein quotes, I don't even know if they are real but they sounded good.

It was easy to do I just had to copy the html code. I must be learning something because I would never have said the word easy before when trying to put something on my blog. I think these tools are made to be easily accessible for the public (thank god). As for the library setting there are so many tools and they are free I wouldn't begin to know which ones to use for a library. One idea is to put a list of the free tools on library websites for the public to choose from. I'm sure there are many people out there who have no idea of whats out there freely available on the Internet. If libraries made this information available I think we would look pretty cool and knowledgeable as a source of freebies!

I may even use some more fun widgets!

No comments: