Oct 21, 2007

#14 Technorati


Im not sure I like it. I don't understand why the popular Blogs are popular. I don't understand top searches, they seem pointless and I can't understand why these search terms are used. As for the popular blogs you've got to be kidding, what I saw was not good.


The only good thing I can see is if you want to see what other people are doing and their thoughts on things such as new technology. You would want to make sure they knew what they were talking about. Since you don't need to be an expert on anything to have a blog I would not want to look much at others blogs. I suppose I would look at other library blogs but thats about it.


If I was searching for some info on the internet I would still go to google. Call me old fashioned but I still think google is way out there technology wise as it has everything you need. It will bring up blogs and whatever else your looking for.

2 comments:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

I think technorati has got so big it has lost it's value.
I too still go for google first

Lynette

Sara said...

I agree with you about the popular searches - very unimpressed.