Oct 26, 2007

# 22 E Books

I have been looking at Worldebookfair. It is very interesting. These books seem old, I'm assuming this is because the copyright has expired. I don't see current authors allowing their books on there which is a pity. Though these boolks would be hard to get a hold of and the yearly membership is low. Great idea! I can see using the mp3 format will be the future for talking books. What a great way to listen to a book. I myself prefer the paper version but when I am too old to see properly I hope this form is available. By then I will be able to use an mp3 player.

Imagine in your old age being able to buy a book online and put it on your mp3. No large cd players to handle just a small device. With shopping at your fingertips and having many books to choose from without having to trek long distances to your local library. I wouldn't have to leave the house for much. I may turn into an eccentric, cat loving lady but I would have my books and that would make me happy. And all just a click away. The older generation would benefit enourmously with this technology. I can see using this format and podcast(in mp3 format) for teachers also. They could put their lectures on them and lazy students that don't go to lectures could listen to them on their mp3's.

I'll have to keep up with new technology to prepare for my old age!

No comments: